Homeowners who have experienced a fire will know that there is a lot to be done to clean up the mess. While they may want to jump right in and get started, it’s a better idea to wait for professional help. Home restoration companies are trained in cleaning up the mess of a fire without causing more damage or injuries. Depending on the severity of the fire, the process may be quick or it could take a while. Integrity Restoration says the following are some things that are involved in fire restoration.
- Assessment – A fire and water restoration company will come to your home to assess the damage. The information they gather will help determine the next best steps to take.
- Board-Up – If the fire was severe, it might be necessary to board up windows and doors in order to prevent toxins and airborne irritants from getting out into the environment.
- Water Removal – The water from the fire crew will be removed and dried with equipment strong enough to suck it out of carpets and upholsteries.
- Smoke Removal – Every surface of the home will be cleaned so the smoke and soot will be removed.
- Repairs – There will definitely be some repairs needed after a fire. Some will be more severe and others less so.
Don’t hesitate to have a home restoration team take a look at your home after a fire. Immediate action will help it get resolved more quickly and can also help you avoid further damage.